We are happy to announce that a new pool of tickets for the concert by The Polish-Israeli Youth Symphony Orchestra will go on sale on April 5 at 2pm. The concert will take place on April 19, 2023 in the Teatr Wielki – The National Opera as a part of commemoration of the 80th anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising. The tickets are available online and in the National Opera ticket office.
Apart from the symbolic message and the tribute to the Jewish and Polish victims of Nazi terror, the concert underlines the importance of Polish-Jewish relations based on mutual respect for the common centuries-old tradition and historical truth.
It is also a meeting of young musicians from Poland and Israel, the overall idea of which is to overcome the barriers and stereotypes, to create new relations between the young generation of Poles and Jews, which is why musicians from both countries – remembering the past – will play for the future.
On the concert program: the premiere of the song “Tenebrae” by Elżbieta Sikora and the VIII Symphony op.83 “Polish Flowers” by Mieczysław Weinberg.
- Pavlo Tolstoy – tenor; ️
- Polish National Youth Choir; ️
- Polish-Israeli Youth Symphony Orchestra (Fryderyk Chopin University of Music and Jerusalem Academy of Music and Dance); ️
- Anna Sułkowska-Migoń – conductor; ️
- Nachman Turgeman – cantor;
- Agnieszka Franków-Żelazny – artistic director of the Polish National Youth Choir;
- Aleksandra Florek – soprano;
- Dominika Kazimierska – alto;
- Natalia Darkowska – alto
The concert is co-financed by the Minister of Culture and National Heritage within the task “Preparation of the project Polish-Israeli Symphony Orchestra. Young musicians commemorating the 80th anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising.